Problems with your water heater can leave you feeling stressed, frustrated, and wondering where to turn. When you’re in need of professional and affordable residential water heater installation in Pittsburgh, PA, turn to no other than Mister Sewer, Plumbing and HVAC!
All of our professionals are certified to perform even the most difficult water heater replacement, repair, and maintenance services with ease. Trust that your water lines are in the right hands and will be serviced to the highest standards possible. No more leaking water tanks, no more worrying about where the water comes from — just know that we are here to help any time, day or night!
New Residential Water Heater Installation in Pittsburgh, PA
When you schedule residential water heater installation in Pittsburgh, PA, we’ll be there before you know it to replace your water heater with a new unit. With several replacement installation options available, our friendly, knowledgeable service technicians will help you pick the ideal unit for your home and budget.
We understand that water heater replacement can be an investment, which is why we offer highly competitive pricing and financing options. While we strive to keep our prices affordable, we never skimp on workmanship or customer service. We know the importance of a high-quality and long-lasting water heater for your property and we ensure a hassle-free, stress-free installation.
Signs You Need a New Water Heater
One question our service experts often receive while performing residential water heater installation in Pittsburgh, PA, is “how do I know when I need a new water heater?” It’s a great question — and one we’ve answered many times. Based on real-life experience from our experts, here are some of the signs you need a new water heater:
- Your unit is older than 10-15 years, which is the standard lifespan of most water heater models
- Your water is rusty or discolored or you notice other buildup in your water supply even after your water heater’s tank has been flushed
- Your hot water supply seems to be getting smaller and smaller — or you’re having trouble getting your water hot at all
- You notice puddles or leaks around the bottom of the water heater that aren’t caused by an open drain valve or condensation on the body of the unit.
- You find yourself frequently scheduling water heater repair services — you may be better off with a system replacement
Benefits of a New Water Heater
There are countless ways you can benefit from water heater replacement services. By investing in a new unit, you’ll experience these and more great benefits:
Stay comfortable in your home
Your hot water heater is essential to your comfort when it comes to showering, cooking, and anything in between. When your unit actually works, you’ll finally be able to stay comfortable, with hot water that lasts as long as you need it.
Save on your energy bills
Did you know your inefficient water heater might be costing you big bucks? When you have a new water heater installed, you’ll save money on energy bills since your unit will perform at maximum efficiency.
Keep the planet greener
Energy-efficient water heaters are becoming more and more popular among homeowners who want to do their part to help Mother Earth. Using a system that’s greener doesn’t just help you right now in the short term, it also benefits the health of our planet long-term.
Experience peace of mind
With a new hot water heater, you can stop worrying about constant breakdowns causing uncomfortable showers, inefficient hot water for guests, or other hot water related crises. In other words? You’ll be able to relax with true peace of mind!
Water Heater Repair in Pittsburgh, PA
Our team does more than just residential water heater installation in Pittsburgh, PA. We also offer water heater repair services for existing water heaters. Is your water heater making funny noises, cycling on and off, or acting unusually? Contact us ASAP to schedule water heater repair services so that we can keep your water heater going for as long as its service lifespan allows.
We have years of experience with water heater repair procedures such as these on hundreds of different water heater models:
- Water heater tank repair (if possible)
- Thermostat adjustment and repair
- Parts removal, cleaning, and replacement
- System test, analysis, and reset
- …and more!
Water Heater Maintenance in Pittsburgh, PA
No list of water heater technician duties would be complete without water heater maintenance services! We offer a variety of water heater maintenance services, including these and more…
Routine service is crucial to your water heater’s health. During our routine tune-up service, we clean out your tank, flush away sediment, and lubricate all moving parts, as well as investigate if your unit needs any repair or a total replacement.
Recently moved to a new place but hesitant to venture into the basement to examine the water heater? We’d be happy to take a look at your unit and make sure it’s in working order. We can also inspect your system before you sell or rent out your property to check it complies with all local requirements and building codes.
Parts and service recommendations
Thinking about upgrading your water heater or changing it in any way? Our technicians would be happy to help you pick the perfect product for your home. We can also suggest the best parts and brainstorm a service schedule that will best benefit the health of your water heater.
Water Heater FAQs
As top-rated residential plumbing services professionals, we hear a lot of questions on the job from curious and confused homeowners alike. Here are a few frequently asked questions we get while performing residential water heater installation in Pittsburgh, PA:
How does a water heater work?
Water heaters have several components: a tank, a dip tube, a heating mechanism, a heat-out pipe and a draining valve. The water heater’s dip tube transfers cold water from the water lines hooked up to your home into the bottom of the tank. Then, the heating process begins. Water heating elements for water heaters are usually either powered by gas or electricity.
Whichever kind of heating element powers your hot water heater, it will stay in operation throughout the whole process until the water heats up to the designated temperature. Because hot water is less dense than cold water, the hot water rises and makes its way up to the top of the tank, then exits out through the heat-out pipe, bringing you that hot shower you’re eagerly anticipating.
How long does a water heater last?
Standard residential hot water heaters last between 10 and 15 years with an average of 12-13 years. Newer innovations such as the tankless hot water heater can last as long as 20+ years.
Why is my water heater leaking?
You might have a leaking water heater on your hands for these reasons:
- Your drainage valve is not fully closed. You can attempt to tighten this valve, which should be located at the bottom of your tank, by using a plumbing wrench to slowly twist the knob or dial clockwise. Use plumbing tape to protect anything you are tightening and do not overtighten the valve or you could cause damage.
- Condensation may be building up on your tank and dripping onto the floor. Have professionals evaluate your tank to ensure the condensation isn’t due to a problem with the tank interior.
- Your temperature and pressure relief valve might be malfunctioning. This valve is crucial to preventing dangerous explosions in your tank by keeping pressure consistent. If you suspect a problem with the T&P relief valve, call for service immediately.
- You have a hole or crack in your water heater’s tank. This is another time to call for service immediately as your water heater could burst or flood your basement at any time.
Contact Us Today: Your Water Heater Heroes!
Whether you need residential water heater installation in Pittsburgh, PA, or you’re calling to schedule water heater repair or water heater maintenance, our team is here for your 24/7 — and that’s a promise! Contact us today or schedule service now.